Due to a strong increase in the number of projects worldwide, we are looking for reinforcement in the area of purchasing.
As Senior Buyer you are responsible for the management of suppliers. Together with the Head of Purchasing, you will contribute to the further expansion of the department. You work closely with partners and internal stakeholders to ensure the best performance at the lowest ‘total cost of ownership’.
Your task is to specify, select and contract our suppliers and to manage, administer and assess relationships with our suppliers. You are not afraid to negotiate prices and conditions and you are able to facilitate our growth from a purchasing perspective. You get energy from thinking along about process optimisations and implementing them within the Purchasing and Logistics chain of the company.
- Executing contract management for the assigned supplier package;
- Negotiating price and delivery conditions;
- Purchasing of specials;
- Periodically conducting supplier interviews on QLTC developments and converting these into appropriate actions;
- Optimising processes (increasing efficiency and effectiveness) in the field of purchasing and logistics;
- Introducing new innovations (alternative suppliers);
- Development of activities aimed at reducing risks among suppliers.
- Hbo (Higher Vocational Education) / academic work and thinking level; preferably a study completed in a technical or commercial direction;
- Various function-oriented training courses such as NEVI 1 and NEVI 2;
- Relevant work experience; preferably within a project-driven organisation;
- Knowledge of and experience with ERP and MS-Office;
- Basic legal/contractual knowledge;
- You work in a structured and systematic manner and you are analytical and cost-conscious;
- You have good communication skills (oral and written) and command of both the Dutch and English languages. German is an advantage.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Position with one of the global shapers of renewable energy;
- A challenging and varied job;
- Working within a team with driven starting and experienced professionals;
- Informal, but professional and international setting;
- High degree of independence and responsibility.
HoSt is one of the world market leaders in the field of energy installations to convert biomass and waste into renewable energy and other valuable end-products. With over 200 employees, HoSt has been developing, designing, manufacturing and maintaining innovative energy plants for the production of renewable energy from biomass and waste since 1991. HoSt biomass energy plants contribute to the success of a circular economy by producing renewable energy, solving the waste problem and creating valuable end products from organic waste.
In addition to its headquarters in the Netherlands, HoSt has offices in the US, France, Latvia, England, Poland and Germany and more than 280 installations in over 30 countries across four continents. For the biogas plants, boilers and combined heat and power plants supplied by HoSt, HoSt has 24/7 maintenance teams in several countries.
If you are interested in this position of Senior Buyer, please send an e-mail with your application letter and resume to [email protected] General questions can be addressed to HR Manager Martijn Weinans and substantive questions to Eric Blokvoord, Procurement Manager, both via +31(0)53 – 460 90 80.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.