Internship: Development of biomethane trading platform
HoSt contributes to the success of a circular economy by producing renewable energy, solving the waste problem and creating valuable end products from organic waste. Besides a technology provider, HoSt also has an own investment portfolio with assets producing more than 15 million m3 of renewable gas. Trading of subsidized and non-subsidized biomethane is still a very novel and low transparency market with trading still happening by brokers with a phone connecting supply and demand (producers and offtakers), comparable with stock markets in the 80’s. In the coming years this will evolve in a multi-billion market in which we seek to develop a trading platform where supply and demand are connected in a more transparent way. We are looking for an entrepreneurial student that would like to assess the different methodologies and options how to develop this platform.
- Mapping out the current market structure for biomethane trading (parties, existing platforms / structures, regulation);
- Define the different potential platform structures possible including pros and cons (including the potential business model for HoSt);
- Design an execution plan how to develop the platform.
What we offer:
- Working at the technology forefront of the energy transition;
- Ground breaking tech company in the field of biofuels, carbon capture and thermal conversion;
- Fast growing scale-up with offices in Europe and the United States (with opportunities to work abroad);
- Monthly fixed fee of €400 based on 40 hours per week;
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- Professional support, guidance and insights;
- Growth opportunities;
- Interesting international environment which is only a 5-minute walk from the ‘Kennispark’ train station in Enschede;
- Nice welcome package;
- A dynamic, energetic, passionate and young team;
- Flexibility in working from home / office.
The HoSt Group, a family company, engineers, builds and maintains bioenergy systems to empower sustainability ambitions in every industry and sector. The HoSt team, across 7 countries, is committed since 1991 to technological solutions and innovations for renewable energy and high-quality raw materials from waste streams. Besides the headquarters in the Netherlands, HoSt has offices in the USA, France, Latvia, Poland, Germany, and England and more than 300 built references in more than 30 countries on four continents. For the bioenergy systems supplied by HoSt, HoSt has 24/7 service and maintenance teams.
Mail your resume and motivation to [email protected]. General questions can be addressed to Mariëtte Huis in `t Veld, internship coordinator. For questions and more details about the internship please contact Jesse Buiteveld via +31 (0) 53 – 460 90 80.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.